Tuesday 7 January 2014

Made Out Of Things

I'm writing this because everyone keeps bugging me to do it!  Well ok, mainly my husband.  I discovered Pinterest a couple of years ago - a friend sent me a link to stamped cookies and suddenly I had all that inspiration in one place.  It wasn't that I didn't craft or cook before, but now I could find that really cool thing I saw on someone's blog five weeks ago.


The name for my blog came from my son.  We made some gifts for Christmas this year and one was some bath milk inspired by Julie Blanner's post here.  I showed my two kids the post, got out the ingredients and supervised, whilst they created.  They asked for stuff to make labels, and my daughter wrote one label, explaining what the gift actually was and my son I think wanted to write the ingredients.  Anyhow, there are a few if you're only 6 and only have a small label to write on - so naturally our Sweet Orange and Cinnamon Leaf Bath Milk was "Made Out Of Things".


It is still making me chuckle five weeks after he first wrote it.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you have entered the blogging world, I can't wait for you next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wondered if you have a public facebook page also to follow your work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't have a facebook page. I do have a pinterest account though: http://www.pinterest.com/svp/ Thank you for popping by. :o)

      Delete