Wednesday 26 February 2014

Cowabunga Dudes

I've wanted to make slime for ages, but all the recipes I'd seen to make homemade slime seemed to involve borax.  Now I don't think I have a problem with borax, but I certainly do have a problem finding borax to buy.  Then a couple of days ago I came across this on pinterest.  The ingredients for "Bubble Dough" are cornflour and Washing Up liquid and they are things that are nearly always available in our house.  Almost immediately we had to have a go.


We actually had friends over when we started this and the kids decided to try and add some other materials to the mixture.  Other things included a little water, glue, and hand soap.  We still ended up with a silky smooth feeling slime.

We've made gloop before with cornflour and water.  That is weird stuff, you can shape it but it collapses immediately.  This stuff doesn't.  It collapses slowly and is less messy.


I think this would make an excellent slime for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party.  Either as something they made at the party, or as little party favours of ready made stuff.


Talking of TMNT, here is a little artwork I did for my son this week.  I love a craft that only involves cutting out rectangles!



No comments:

Post a Comment